Today I am the happiest girl in the world. After being away for a long time in Georgia, working towards my B.S. in Nutrition, I am finally done with school (at least temporarily) and am back to Miami. That also means that once again I have access to my boyfriend’s awesome camera, Canon Rebel T1i. What a difference a good camera makes. Incredible. I was so excited taking pictures of my meal today. No more lousy camera that takes poor pictures. So expect my return to regular blogging and regular posting of recipes.
My today’s dish is Ina Garten’s (Barefoot Contessa) invention. I used the ingredients from her show but modified the amount used according to my needs and used different cooking methods. Ina grilled her salmon steaks, I baked them in the oven since that is my preferred way of making salmon. Also I preferred to use marinade as a glaze, so I did not remove excess before baking. I must say however that the flavors were outstanding and it might become one of my favorite salmon recipes. And just look at those deep golden-brown colors. Perfection.
Ingredients: Serves 2
2 x 5-6 oz salmon filets
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp olive oil
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients until emulsified.
- Spray baking dish with a cooking oil.
- Place salmon filets in a baking dish skin side down. Pour marinade and spread evenly on a top of the filets. Let stand 10-15 min.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Do not remove the marinade. Put baking dish with a salmon as it is into a hot oven. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes.